Friday, April 6, 2007

I love living in L.A. but. . .

I really do love living in the Los Angeles area. But there are times that make me wonder. Yesterday, for instance. I was on my way to a rehearsal of King Kalimari at the Avery Schreiber Theatre in North Hollywood. It is about 40 miles from where I live. Mapquest tells me it should take 48 minutes. I figure it is a rush hour drive so I allow myself 1½ hours.

Well, I do expect the 405 to be slow but not when there are no accidents in the direction I'm heading. As it happened, there was an accident on the opposite side of the 405 and everyone had to slow to try to see how bad it was. The drive ended up taking 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Coming home after rehearsal was fine; I made it in 45 minutes. Ah yes – that's just part of living in L.A.



No comments: