Friday, January 30, 2009

Testing. . .a New Camera

Donna got back from San Diego yesterday afternoon and arrived bearing additional birthday gifts for The Ancient One. She knew I had been thinking about anew camera and presented me with the very model I have been looking at for several months; a Nikon Coolpix C18.



This 8.0 megapixel (bright red) digital camera should provide much clearer photographs than I had been getting from my old 3.3 megapixel Sony Cyber-shot. I just got back from testing it and present the first "test" photos I took. First, is a photo taken from the same vantage point as my banner photo:



Next, since it is a relatively clear day (without interference from smog) is a view of Catalina Island taken from a vantage point on Via Zumaya in Palos Verdes Estates:



The last 2 provide a flowery close-up and a set of palm trees who seem to be standing guard over the neighborhood:




I'm pleased with this first effort with the new camera. It should be a lot of fun over the coming months and years.


Thank you Donna!

4 comments:

Eric Valentine said...

It's always nice receiving a gift especially of what you need.

It looks like you will be a shutterbug for the coming seasons Leon, I look forward to seeing the results of your little excursions. :)

Good shooting. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

It's purty.

Leon said...

Ah yes, ERIC. I do like the new camera although I may still use the old one now and then; while it has offers fewer megapixels, its zoom gives me better close-ups.

Leon said...

Aw shucks CHARLES; I'm glad you like it. :~D