Friday, February 13, 2009

Peacock Pride

There I was driving home the other day when I had to stop suddenly. Two peacocks, in all their glory, were strutting across the street and they were not about to get out of the way of my car. They were royalty and knew I would stop. Fortunately I had my camera with me.



As they turned past my car, I was able to capture 2 more pictures of one of these prideful birds.




Then, this morning as I was returning home I was stunned by a peacock who fanned his tail out full and then turned around 2 or 3 times to make sure I got the best view possible. It was only the 2nd time in the 12 years we have lived in this neighborhood that I have seen the full display of peacock tail feathers. Unfortunately, I only had my cell phone's camera with me and the following picture does not do justice to the magnificent bird.



But oh how he made my day!! Enjoy!


2 comments:

Eric Valentine said...

very beautiful Leon, sure beats meeting up with an alligator.. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Better stay in the car. I think he likes you. :)