Monday, February 26, 2007

A New Musical is Coming to LA


A new musical is coming to Los Angeles. King Kalimari , written and directed by Derek Taylor Kent, opens April 13 at the Avery Schreiber Theatre in North Hollywood. For more information on the production and tickets, go to kingkalimari.com


I must confess that I am in the cast as the somewhat eccentric, to say the least, narrator. And I am one of the more subdued characters in this over-the-top romp through life at a crucial historical time in the Kingdom of Kermopoly. It will run on Friday and Saturday evenings through June 2.

In my spare time, I am also in rehearsal for a "synagogue" play written by Morgan Land to be performed by a cast of both youth and adults on June 3 and 10 at Congregation Ner Tamid in Rancho Palos Verdes.. This is the 4th play written by Morgan for the Habimah program. They are great fun and really provide an incredible opportunity for the young people of the congregation. Morgan has gone out on a limb this time in that he has cast me as both Moses and Abraham. (Now that is a huge weight to bear!) And he is either brave or foolhardy in that he actually has me sing (much to the chagrin of my family who only allow me to sing during religious services and then only in Hebrew). It will be both interesting and great fun.

No comments: