Monday, March 26, 2007

A good weekend. . .

It was a good weekend. Saw 2 musicals and were revisited by old friends, Nancy and Bob Bond.

First, Saturday night I saw many of my friends performing with The Prime Time Players in "70, Girls, 70" at the Norris Theatre. (See previous post here .) It was a wonderful opening night performance. The music was great, the voices strong, the comedic timing tight. Just a pleasant experience although I felt the script was not as good as I would have liked. But I always enjoy seeing friends perform and I am reluctant to name folks in case I forget someone. Oh well, I'll do it anyway. . . Kudos to Gloria Maxwell, John Briganti, Kathy and Ron Rudolph, Joan Perkins, Sandy Gunn and all the other talented Prime Timers.

Sunday, old friends Nancy and Bob Bond (preiviously introduced here) were back in L.A. on their way back to Hamilton, NY from their vacation in New Zealand and Australia. We spent the better part of the day with them as they shared experiences and went with us to see the Palos Verdes Peninsula High School production of Chicago. Another great performance. Collectively, the strongest set of voices I have ever seen in a high school production. And it didn't hurt that younger son, Seth, was technical director whose fine work was visually apparent in the set and lighting. After the show, we introduced Nancy and Bob to what they said was about the best Mexican food they have ever eaten. Of course, being from upstate New York, they don't get much opportunity to savor flavors from south-of-the-(California) border.

All-in-all a wonderful weekend. Now to get serious about finishing tax returns, getting set up for Passover, and the last 3 weeks of rehearsals leading up to the opening of King Kalimari on April 13.

No comments: