I was recently tagged over at Sidney Williams Journal for the "Six Unremarkable Quirks" meme. These are the rules:
- Link the person who tagged you. (See above)
- Mention the rules in your blog. (as I am doing here)
- Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours. (They're down below)
- Tag six bloggers by linking them. (Sorry folks, it's your turn)
- Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged. (I hope I don't forget to do this.)
And here we go:
- I often drift off into what my family calls "leonland." If I am focused on what I am reading or watching on TV or just daydreaming, I am totally oblivious to anything going on around me and I hear nothing anybody is saying to me. (I am pretty sure this is not senility because it has been happening for many decades. And it goes beyond selective listening.)
- I am obsessive about getting my daily exercise, whether it be my thrice weekly visit to the cardiac rehab center, my twice weekly "strength training" with 8 pound weights, or just my daily walk in the neighborhood. It includes adhering to a 10,000+ step per day regimen. (I even found an accurate pedometer.)
- I enjoy doing TV and film background ("extra") work. I don't really mind the long, sometimes boring days. It's fun watching the filming process and seeing how different "name" actors work on the set.
- I left my hometown of Detroit 47 years ago. To this day I remain an avid Detroit Tigers (baseball), Lions (football) and Red Wings (hockey) fan. I like the Pistons (basketball) but I remember them as the Fort Wayne Pistons before Fred Zollner moved his team to Detroit.
- I have dimples. As a little boy I blushed when people mentioned them. As a young man, I liked it when attractive young women commented on them. As a septuagenarian, I am puzzled when anyone still notices (as happened once last week).
- I spend way too much time on the computer (including responding to memes like this one!
And now to select six others to tag:
- BillyBlog of course. Eldest son never escapes my tags (since he started it by tagging me a year ago).
- Judith at Remembering Matters. I enjoy her blog so very much and hope she is willing to respond.
- Bonnie at frogma. Last time I tagged her, she apologized for taking too long to respond. Maybe she will be a good sport again.
- Kristin at An Actor's Musings. How can I resist tagging a fellow actor?
- Betty at A Piece of My Mind (formerly known as Old Dog, New Trick). As an old dog myself, this is such an easy choice.
- Rex Hoss. Rex is another acting friend; we performed in 2 plays together last year. Haven't seen him in a while and I'm interested in what he has to say.
Okay, that's it! I have not only survived another meme but I'm willing to risk the ire of others by tagging them. Thanks for drawing me in Sidney. I owe you one!