Saturday, May 19, 2007

Summer’s Coming on . . .for CCPT

Culver City Public Theatre (CCPT) has just completed casting for its 2007 summer season in Paul Carlson Park at Braddock and Motor in Culver City. Over the 6-weekend season there will be 3 plays. The Popcorn Childrens' Theatre will present King Midas (stage adaptation written by Heidi Dotson) every weekend. It will be followed the first 3 weekends (July 14-29) by the main stage production of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing. The final 3 weekends (August 4-19), the mainstage production will be Neil Simon's The Good Doctor. Details of the 2007 offerings can be found here. Admission is free; you just have to bring your choice of blanket or chair and a picnic lunch if you are so inclined. This will be the 21st summer season of theater in Carlson Park; the 9th under CCPT auspices.

And, oh yes, I am not about to finish this without mentioning my roles for the summer. I have been cast as Dogberry in Much Ado and as the title character in King Midas. Needless to say, I am excited! This will be my first time performing Shakespeare, and I get to portray a great comic character at that. And I love doing the children's plays; this will be my 3rd season doing that.


Below are a couple of shots from the 2006 season:

1) A scene from The Poet Who Wouldn't be King


2) From The Madwoman of Chaillot


In later posts, I will talk more about CCPT! Stay tuned.

No comments: