Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Current Reading

I must confess that my reading list is often determined by the discounted paperbacks available at the local Costco. But I have found some of my favorite mystery and thriller writers there. A few weeks ago, they had a whole array of books by David Baldacci. I had previously read his Absolute Power, Total Control and The Camel Club. It’s fun, easy reading and I like his characters and take on the Secret Service, FBI and other law enforcement type agencies.


So I picked up two more of his books. Currently, I am reading Split Second and that will be followed by Hour Game. Both feature ex-secret service agents Sean King and Michelle Maxwell.



I should also mention that Baldacci is cofounder, with his wife, of the Wish You Well Foundation, a non-profit that promotes family literacy. On that basis alone I would have given Baldacci novels a try. It’s a plus that I like them and they make the morning walks go a little smoother.

1 comment:

Eric Valentine said...

Those look like two pretty good books Leon, I'm kind of partial to that kind of reading myself. I confess I haven't read that author though.