Friday, August 10, 2007

My Siblings. . .Before Me (Literally)

I came across an old album of photos taken by my father, for whom photography was a serious hobby for many years. Among the treasures I found there were pictures of my brothers and sister dated August 29, 1937. That was just shy of 5 months prior to my birth.


First, my oldest brother Jerry (who died suddenly almost 12 years ago at the age of 70). This picture was taken less than a month before his 12th birthday.




Next, sister Bobby (Barbara), less than a month before her 9th birthday. She currently lives in Farmington Hills, Michigan, the only one of the siblings who stayed in the Detroit area, and will be 79 next month.



And, brother Andy (Andrew) just after his 5th birthday. He now lives in Houston and will be 75 on August 20.



So those are The Ancient One's siblings before The Ancient One saw the light of day.

No comments: