Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back home from DC

Well, we have returned from our week in the Washington, DC area and a fine trip it was. We arrived home last night rather tired from the journey but with wonderful memories of my great-nephew’s Bar Mitzvah, the gathering of family member we see too little of, visiting with our former Rabbi Ron Shulman (who moved to Congregation Chizuk Amuno in Baltimore 3 years ago) and his wife Robin, and actually finding time to take in some of the sights in Washington. Going through security at Dulles Airport yesterday made us even more aware of how much more pleasant it is flying in and out of Long Beach on Jet Blue whenever we can rather than using LAX.


Now it’s back to trying to get used to a normal routine. I still plan to do a separate blog on David’s Bar Mitzvah and perhaps one on the Holocaust Museum. But first I must get caught up on my sleep. I do like my own bed!

No comments: