Friday, November 30, 2007

This Old Body. . .

This old body just isn't what it used to be; it is really dragging today. It just doesn't handle long work days like it did 30, 20, 10 or even 1 year ago.


Yesterday was my 4th and final day working as an extra on episode 2.6 of the FX show Dirt. This time it was a dual role; that of a passerby during the daylight hours and then back in my tuxedo as a studio executive after dark. The day started pleasantly enough with a very civilized call time of 10:30 a.m. at Paramount Studios in Hollywood. It was a relatively easy drive getting there since morning rush hour had passed. But I ended up spending 14 hours on the lot, finally wrapping at 12:30 a.m. this morning and getting home about 1:15 a.m.


That is why I am dragging today; that and my inability to stay away from the constant, rotating food choices (mostly unhealthy) offered up by one of the best craft services guys I've ever met. But it was a fun shoot and for once I can't wait to see the episode when it plays sometime early in 2008. It has many strange and unique twists which I cannot divulge here. Even if I could, to do so would take away from the viewing experience.


So, now to get some rest and move on to the last month of a too quickly passing 2007. Another year (and birthday) just around the corner. If I can just use the next month to lose all the weight I gained in the last 10 days! Now that's a pipe dream, isn't it!

2 comments:

Eric Valentine said...

Congratulations on the job completion Leon. :)

That sure sounds like you had an enjoyable 'work' period Leon. These are such opportunities for you that other people only dream about.

I am not surprised you are feeling the pinch of the 'age' bug my friend, I know that feeling only too well. :)

Leon said...

Thanks, as usual, for your supportive comments Eric. After a long nap yesterday afternoon and a solid night's sleep, my body is beginning to feel a bit more normal (for my age, of course]. ;-)