Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Literary Meme. . .

Eric Valentine over at Scattered Chatter
tagged me for this little meme, 'Open Book'. I do forgive you Eric; I know you did this as a friend! Grrr!!


These were the instructions:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it at page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence/ phrase.
4. Blog the next four sentences/ phrases together with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig your shelves for that very special or intellectual book.
6. Pass it forward to six friends


So I reached for the closest book to my work station, a technical work edited by J. Bradley Collins with the title, Process Use in Theory, Research, and Practice. It is a volume that came to me recently as part of my membership in the American Evaluation Association. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, the book is only 115 pages long. It did not fill the requirements of the meme.


The next nearest book, which I grabbed next is Faye Kellerman's Straight Into Darkness. I am a great fan of her mysteries featuring Peter Decker and Rina Lazurus but this work was directed at events in Munich during Hitler's rise to power. It is a powerful novel; the back cover carries a quote from The Jerusalem Post stating that, "This extraordinary book combines authentic social history with a first-rate murder mystery." For once, an accurate promotional statement!




Page 123, go to the fifth sentence; blog the next four: < "She was?" Again, Elisabeth gasped. "Oh that is awful! Poor, poor Anna. . . ." >


Now I must choose 6 others to tag. I hope they remain friends, blogging or otherwise:

BillyBlog

The Philosopher Mom

Living in the Woods

Jill Shalvis

Rex Hoss

The Frumpy Professor


Good luck. And if this tag upsets you, all I can say is: Scattered Chatter made me do it!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had just noticed the tag before your email warning came through, lol. I'll get on it soon as I shovel through some of the snow waiting on me.

Eric Valentine said...

Very nicely done Leon, I will Don my armour in case of a 'Fallout' LOL

Have a good day and enjoy your walk.. :)