Tuesday, July 10, 2007

All-Star Break

As much as I love baseball, I believe this is only the 2nd post that touches on what I still believe is the "national pastime." Last night I was thinking what a good year this is for my 2 teams. As a lifelong Detroit Tiger fan, it does my heart good to see last year's American League champions leading the Central Division by one game at the All-Star break. And the Los Angeles Dodgers, a team I adopted over 26 years ago through marriage, is sitting only one game out of first place in the NL West after a bumpy 1st half that showed both brilliance and frustration. I expect to see both of my teams in the post-season again this year. If they should ever meet each other in the World Series, it would create some interesting moments in our household.


While I won't be able to watch the All-Star game on TV tonight, I am delighted to know that 5 Tigers and 3 Dodgers are on the respective rosters. This is truly a wonderful and unusual All-Star year.


This rambling also was stimulated by a license plate I saw on the drive home from my rehearsal in Culver City last night. I did get a picture while stopped at a light that is self-explanatory for a Tiger fan who lives on the left coast.



It's always good to find other Tiger fans so far from the place of my birth and formative years. I hope it is a good omen for the balance of the season.

No comments: