Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baseball Memories. . .

If you are a baseball fan, stop over at BillyBlog when you get a chance. The Ancient One's first-born son recalls attending a Detroit Tigers-California Angels game in August, 1974.

I can tell you that he warmed his old father's heart with his memories. And they brought a smile to my face as I recall the game about which he speaks as well as taking him to his first Major League game at Busch Stadium in St. Louis earlier that summer.

Thanks Bill!

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I never cared much for baseball until my son played. I loved to watch him and he taught me a great deal about the game.

Leon said...

You have to understand that I have a T-Shirt that reads "Baseball is Life. . .all the rest is just details" At least I feel that way until my beloved Dodgers and Tigers can no longer make the playoffs.