Friday, June 15, 2007

Arghhh!!!!!!!!

Once again, I can't access any site that has BlogSpot in its URL. Did a live chat with Earthlink tech who tried all sorts of tricks to alter my computer's configuration AND rejected out of hand that it could possibly be an Earthlink system problem. An hour-and-a-half later, after following his instructions, I had to reinstall my wireless router. The tech seemed to think it was everybody's fault but Earthlink's.

I did get a couple of workarounds so that I can access my own site and a couple of others. But, for the first time in many years I have begun to consider the possibility of changing my ISP. My loyalty to Earthlink is about to wear out.

Arghhh!!!

2 comments:

Rod said...

Hi Leon, sorry to hear about your Blog/Earthlink problems. That's very odd. What browser do you use and are you able to get to regular web sites? Is it only Blogger.com sites that you can't access? ...Balthasar

Leon said...

Thanks Rex. . . It was only BlogSpot URLs. Earthlink tech insisted it was my computer and not their system although Blogger had complaints from a lot of EL users in LA area. I just got home and everything seems fine. Earlier, I picked up on a workaround the techie used; I was getting the site (and others) through the German language access URL. I'll explain at rehearsal Monday.