Monday, June 4, 2007

A Non-Rolling Rolls

This morning I had a traffic delay that brought a smile to my face. I was on the way to my workout at the Cardiac Rehab Center when traffic on a main artery stopped dead. It finally began to crawl ahead. Then, I saw the problem.

A car had stalled in my lane and was sitting there with its hood up. The first thing I noticed about the car as I inched closer was the license plate. You have to love some of those vanity plates especially one that read: PMS MD. Now, I know it's possible that the plate belonged to someone named P.M. Smith, but I really doubt it. And then I noticed the make of the car. It was a Rolls-Royce. That is what truly caused the smile and, I must admit, it brightened the whole foggy morning. Nearly 7 decades on this earth and this was the first time I saw a Rolls-Royce sitting helplessly on the road blocking traffic.

Perhaps I have a somewhat unbalanced sense of humor, but it was a glorious morning. My only regret is that I was not able to snap pictures of the disabled vehicle to share with those of you happen to land on this page.

No comments: