Saturday, June 9, 2007

Celebrating Morgan Land

Yes, today was the party celebrating all that Morgan Land has done for the children of Congregation Ner Tamid through the Habimah program. He writes and directs plays based on biblical stories, but with a wonderful modern touch.

The best way I can express my feelings about Morgan is to include part of the tribute I wrote for the memory book that was presented to him this afternoon:

Morgan:

I am going to miss you! But, more importantly, the kids are going to miss being exposed to you even if they don't understand how much you have given them. My long-term memories include enduring many years of Hebrew School. I learned a few things then but it was never fun. In contrast, with Habimah you have created an "institution" in which kids can have fun, and gain self-confidence and self-esteem while learning about Judaism and their heritage. Your impact on them will continue into their future growth and maturity.

Obviously, I want to thank you for making Habimah one of the very best synagogue programs around. . .and not just at Ner Tamid. I thank you personally for the opportunity to perform in wonderfully creative plays and to learn from a delightful cross-generational experience with so many wonderful young people. . . .

You will not be forgotten.

Morgan Land (June 9, 2007)


Morgan in the pool surrounded by some of the kids

No comments: