Saturday, June 2, 2007

Goodbye to the Giant Squids. . .

Tonight is the closing for King Kalimari - The Musical which I haven't posted on since the opening weekend in mid-April. It has been great fun even with the interminable drives from home to the theatre in North Hollywood. I will miss the show, the friendships developed with other cast members, and the ability to view audiences
from my "in the house" perch as the narrator.

I hope writer, director, and (this weekend) young hero Derek Taylor Kent will continue working to bring this script to larger and more accessible venues. And, I hope he keeps writing. While I may not understand all the jokes (there sometimes is a bit of a generation gap), Derek has a wonderfully creative, bizarre mind and the ability to create some memorable songs, lyrics and lines from which most any actor can gain pleasure.

I thank those family and friends who made the trek to see the show. I really enjoyed hearing your reactions both to the production and my closing costume. Hopefully, I will be able to get a print of The Ancient One "in leather" to share with all of you who happen by these ramblings.

Now, it's on to my other "less fishy" theatrical endeavors, all of which have already been mentioned in earlier posts and will reappear in the future.

No comments: