Friday, June 22, 2007

Crunch Time. . .and So Many Lines to Learn (CCPT)

It's just 3 weeks until the opening of Culver City Public Theatre's 2007 season. I am usually off-book by this point in the rehearsal process. . .but I am not usually facing the challenge that this summer presents. I've done 2 plays at the same before but not with the lead in one of them. And, as I've mentioned in earlier posts, this is my first venture into Shakespeare.

I really love both King Midas and Dogberry. They are such wonderful characters. I am delighted to be part of 2 truly outstanding ensemble casts. I am confident that I will be ready for opening day. But, for me, this coming week is crunch time. With a lot of work and a good dose of luck, I should be ready to leave the script backstage when we do our first rehearsals at the performance site, Carlson Park in Culver City, the weekend of June 30-July 1.

So, wish me luck. . . AND . . . plan to join us in the park starting July 14. Admission is free. The full summer schedule can be seen by clicking on the CCPT name in the first paragraph above.

No comments: